As usual….Let’s get into it…….
So as you all know. I’m on my fitness journey. Being or getting fit is all about trial and error. ( as you make errors don’t beat yourself up about it. It’s not a race). With that being said, I have made some adjustments throughout my journey thus far. Soooo.. Let’s get to it.
- I don’t drink juice or anything really sugary anymore. I have a soda every once in a while, but that’s very rare. I notice so much that if I drink juice or anything sugary I wake up with very bad headaches. So I’ve opted now for just water. Mostly flavored water or water that is cold. It quenches my thirst. ( No Sprite).
- I eat most of my carbs in the morning. I do this to fuel my energy for the day (which is the whole point of carbs). After that I’m working out and eat like a lot of vegetables and fruit throughout the rest of the day. Alot of carbs are not needed at night because this is the time where I wind down anyways. I don’t need the energy at the end of the day.
- I do not check the scale every week anymore. I’m now doing it every month. It takes about 3 weeks to form a habit. The number on the scale is just a number. I’m focusing on living a healthy lifestyle and being less concerned with my a number on the scale. What I see in the mirror is all the motivation I need. ( remember muscle weighs more than fat).
- CRAVINGS!!! There are some nights that I stay up super late. Staying up late can sometimes cause you to become hungry ( but not really). So to help calm my mindset of going out for fast food or getting something unhealthy, I keep cereal in the kitchen or a healthy granola bar. Afterwards, my craving that I have is pretty much gone.
- I do not go grocery shopping when I’m hungry. I will be tempted to pick out something so unhealthy. I always have to eat something healthy and satisfying before I go grocery shopping if I’m hungry. ( It’s a lifesaver and it saves me money). I love me some oreos at night with milk!! My old favorite late night snack. (shhhhh) Don’t judge me.
- This kinda goes along with #1, but I refrigerate my water. I have been honest with myself and realized that probably the reason it was so hard for me to drink water is because it was not cold. Now, before I go to bed, I will get my water jug and fill it up with water and in the morning I will have cold water to drink throughout the day. So I have no excuse.
Thank you all as always for supporting and loving me. It really does mean so much to me. I love each and every one of you……<3 STAY SELFISH