Soooooo Let’s get into this post shall we?
So we’re about to be closing out 2018 and bring in 2019 in a couple of weeks.( this year has really flown by for me). People are always making new year’s resolutions you know the ” new year, new me” statement. Truth be told we should always be making resolutions. Don’t wait until the new year. Do it NOW!
Some of those goals for the new year is getting in shape. So I’m going to share with you 5 tips for achieving your goal of starting your journey….Let’s go girl!!
1. DO NOT GO COLD TURKEY- What I mean by this is do not try to cut everything out at one time. Trust me on this one. I’ve cut out soda and drink water but ya homegirl still loves her COFFEE!! ( mhmmm) So make small adjustment to your eating habits by cutting bad things out one by one. Try going without a certain bad food or beverage for three weeks and see how that goes.
2. HAVE A REASONABLE WORKOUT SCHEDULE- If working out is new to you, don’t try to be in the gym seven days a week because you will burn yourself out mentally and physically. Going back to the above tip, start off slowly. You may want to start off going twice a week then eventually work your way up to three soon after that. Whatever works best for you, but make it reasonable and be honest with yourself about the days you’re willing to work out.
3. GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WHAT??? Wait…..When being on a fitness journey, you’re going to have to learn to be patient. I know it can get pretty frustrating to hop on instagram and see girls with the nice body wishing you were her. Be patient. Nothing comes overnight.
4. BE YOUR OWN CATEGORY- This goes along with #3. Never compare yourself to anyone else. We’re all different and we all have different body structure. Use them as inspiration, but never compare yourself to someone else. Kim k is beautiful and unless you’ve been living under a rock, know that she has a very attractive body. Gabrielle Union does too, as so does Gwyneth Paltrow, Kendall Jenner, Beyonce, Amy Schumer, etc. All of these ladies are beautiful in their own way and that’s what makes them confident. ( You’re one of a kind).
5. THROW THE WHOLE “DIET” AWAY- Diets are considered short-term. If you are trying to get healthy and fit, you need to live a healthy lifestyle and not a diet. When you have a healthy lifestyle you won’t think about the scale anymore instead you’ll focus on what you’re putting into your body. When you’re living a healthy lifestyle you won’t feel tempted to starve yourself instead you’ll eat when you’re hungry. So always remember to throw the word “diet” out your vocab. Remember the power of life and death is in the tongue.
As always I want to thank each and every one of you for your continuous support and love. It means so much to me. I love you all so much….<3 STAY SELFISH.