Heyyyyy y’all….As always as I say, Let’s get into this post.
I want to start this off by saying I probably have the worst sweet tooth for REESE’S. ( I have no willpower for that). I’m just going to be completely honest. I can go grocery shopping and by everything completely healthy, but when I get to that checkout line it’s like candy is calling my name. ( Reese’s is the way to my heart).
It can be hard at times when you’re trying to live a healthy lifestyle to remind yourself that you have a goal in mind that you are trying to stick to. So I’m going to share with you tips to smash that craving. Let’s get it.
1. Have healthy snacks on hand -I’m a big muncher so I always have to have things like trail mix, almonds, etc. Anything that can fill me over until I’m truly hungry again. ( my favorite is Greek yogurt with granola on top).
2. Not all distractions are bad -This tip would be the most helpful for those that are not as active as others. If you are at home all day or don’t get out much, you’re more prone to eating out of boredom. You need to create a distraction for yourself. Eat only when you are hungry and not because it’s there. When you feel the urge to eat just because then chew a piece of gum, go workout, or do anything to get your mind off of food. Your world should not revolve around food.
3. Never starve or deprive yourself -When you keep yourself food off of healthy meals, you are less likely to go to McDonald’s or grab that candy ( crickets) I’m working on backing off the Reese’s okay.
4. It is okay to reward yourself SOMETIMES– If you have been working out all week and eating healthy the majority of the time, that shake is not going to undo your week of progress. As I said yesterday, do not beat yourself up and be so hard on yourself that you don’t allow yourself rewarding times. You worked hard for it, so you deserve a reward.
5. Go to bed on time -This one was the one I struggled with for so long in the beginning of my journey. I use to always be up at night and because of that I would munch off of chips and drink soda, etc. This is so bad because this is how you actually put on more weight. You are actually just eating just to eat, you’re not really hungry. If you cannot go to sleep on time ( which is the case still for me sometimes) Grab something healthy. My personal late night snack if I’m up is cereal ( of course no sugary cereal). You just have to find the snack that works for you.
As I said yesterday, In honor of hitting now over 100 followers on my blog, I will be hosting a giveaway. I will be giving away a $300 Amazon gift card. All you have to do is
- Like this post
- follow this blog
- Tell me how do you show yourself self-love? Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org
The contest will run now until next Monday. I will announce the winner next Tuesday. The one with the best answer will win.
I just want to say thank you for your continuous love and support. It means so much to me. I love you all so much from the bottom of my heart. ❤ STAY SELFISH